Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cake
Serving size1 Slice
Total Fat (g)22
Saturated Fat (g)10.5
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup cherries (chopped)
- Pour the boiling water over the oatmeal; let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugars and butter. Stir until butter melts.
- Add the eggs and mix in well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and baking cocoa.
- Now add about half the pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix in.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle walnuts (if used) and remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 40 minutes approx. or until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean.