Chocolate Fruit Flapjacks
Serving size1 Slice
Total Fat (g)12
Saturated Fat (g)7
- 1 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cherries (chopped)
- Topping: 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Topping: 1 tablespoon butter
- Decoration: candied cherries
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Melt butter, sugar and syrup together in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for about 20 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Remove from oven and loosen around the edges with a knife.
- Allow to cool.
- To finish: Melt the chocolate chips and butter together and spread over the baked bars, while still in the dish. Allow to cool and chocolate to set. Mark into fingers or squares and decorate with cherries. Remove from dish when chocolate has fully hardened.