McCann’s® Irish Apple Scone
Serving size1 scone
Total Fat (g)6.5
Saturated Fat (g)4
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup McCann's® Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cup bakers sugar (superfine sugar)
- 2 small eating apples, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Demerara sugar
- McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- Mix together the flour, quick cooking oatmeal, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Blend in the butter, add the sugar and the grated apple. Bind with the milk to form a soft dough. Flour your hands, remove dough from bowl and knead mixture lightly on a flat surface. Shape dough into a round, about 1 inch thick.
- Score dough deeply to make 8 sections. Brush top with milk and sprinkle it with the steel cut oatmeal and the demerara sugar.
- Place on well floured flat baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until it is golden brown in color. Allow to cool a little before placing on a wire tray. Cool completely before breaking into sections.