- Yield: 18 Servings
Delicious McCann’s Muffins.
- ¼ c. McCann’s® Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- ¼ c. water
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. butter (melted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 c. skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin pans or line them with paper baking cups.
- Place the steel cut oatmeal in a saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Place the butter, vanilla extract, eggs and milk in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the combined dry ingredients and steel cut oats and stir until batter is blended; it should not be completely smooth!
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling about two thirds full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean!
- Serve warm.